WHAT TO BRING ALONG
South Africa can be warm to hot during the months of January, February, March, April, September, October, November and December with temperatures ranging between 65f – 85f. The months of May through August are winter and the night temperatures can drop to below zero, warming up to the mid 60’s or 70’s by midday.
The following list is only a general guideline of what to bring on Safari. There is a daily laundry service except for the days of arrival/departure and when camps are changed from south to north. Pack light ensuring you have the basic comfortable clothing/equipment and keep in mind you’ll always need luggage space for African souvenirs you’ll buy along the way.
- 1 Pair of good walking boots (Always worn-in)
- 1 Pair of comfortable camp shoes
- 4 Pairs of good socks
- 4 Sets of underwear
- 3 Pairs of long hunting pants (Dark Khaki or Olive Green)
- 2 Pairs of short hunting pants (Early hunts –Mar – Apr, Sept – Oct)
- 4 Hunting shirts (Dark Khaki or Olive Green)
- 1 Hunting Jacket – Realtree type cammo (Dark Khaki or Olive Green)
- 1 Warm sweater or jumper
- Casual wear for the evenings
- 1 Pair of gloves
- 1 Raincoat/waterproof jacket
- Cap or Hat
- Air tickets
- Rifle Import Permit Application and relevant documentation if required
- Shooting sticks if you prefer your own
- USB flash drive or SD card for copying your PH’s pictures onto
- Camera/Binocular lens cleaning cloth
- Pocket knife
- Sunglasses & sun block SPF 30
- Small backpack for daily equipment while hunting (e.g. cameras, extra ammo)
- Rifle with Sufficient Ammunition
- Chap stick or lip balm
- International plug set – conversion to South Africa 220 V
- Insect repellant – Tick repellent preferably containing DEET.
- Extra prescription glasses if required
- First aid is on hand in camp and in all hunting vehicles, but it would be wise to bring your own requirements along
- Spare batteries if required
- Rifle cleaning kit, regular wipe down set.
- Prescription drugs if required.
- Baby/Wet wipes for the ladies on safari
- Rifle soft case
- Taxidermy tags if you have your own Taxidermist (shipping Instructions)
- Any CITES permits you may require